INNOVATIONS 2014 // SOL's Third Eco Fashion Scholarship Event
THE MAKE UP
The night before the show I made my way to ULTA in Roseville, I had numerous items to pick up. We were short a make-up artist and I had volunteered my services, I am not certified but I love doing my own make up and I rarely shy away from a job that needs doing. So aside from my stage management role I also did make up for several models. Not being a regular doer of this job I needed the essentials which I found with no trouble at all.
I think if you eat vegan, then it's a no brainer that you would want to use vegan beauty products. Often times animals are used in testing of products, there are too many harmful toxins in products to even name and half of it is purely based on lazy corporations. That said I think companies that are intentionally vegan are worth your money and time.
This product I am obsessed with, I purchased my own pallet after visiting my bestie Kaitlin and having her rave about it. I definitely don't use it to it's full potential everyday. I mainly use the highlighters and then the middle row for bronzing effects. BUT if you have the extra time and are going to be photographed a lot, running around in different lighting situations then this product offers you the whole package, complete with a contouring map.
Now this can also be a dangerous product as it gives the perception that everyone's face is the same and that it should be shaded in such a way that highlights societies favorite aspects of a face. I believe that a person shouldn't even wear make - up if they can't truly love themselves without it on. Also this product is just for light skin tones, as far as I know there is no such product for girls with darker complexions.
That said I think this product does wonders for me personally, gives me the look I am often seeking.
- sustainable bamboo handles
- 100% cruelty-free soft taklon bristles, naturally recycled materials
- brush roll is made from natural cotton and hemp
Need I say more?
These wipes were very helpful in accomplishing our ZERO WASTE INITIATIVE! For our first time attempting to produce a runway show with zero waste we are incredibly proud of the results, 97.3% waste free. And the other 2.7% came out to be less than a pound of things like make-up sponge pads and other brands of face wipes. I learned that if you can easily rip the wipe with your hands it is compostable. Yes To Carrots products have been some of my favorites for a while, other reviews here.
LOVE this shit. Physician's Formula has been making great products since 1937. I wear a lot of there mineral foundations, bronzers and such but I especially love their mascara's. They aren't too heavy or sticky. It comes off easy and doesn't apply heavy.